Saturday, April 6, 2013

Back to my Face Book

I haven't played in my face book for quite a while.  The last few days, I have returned to it using colored pencils.  I wanted to move away from typical face and hair coloring.  I wanted to loosen up.  I think these four new faces worked.



The hair line is pitsy...but the style is right on, lol.



Again...I need to work on hair line...but the wild colors are cool.



Allowing hair to be green...and working on eye socket bone structure.  The little blue person was me showing someone else the proportions of faces then I drew right over that.  This is a Facebook after all, lol.




Weird hairline but cool colored hair!


The stamps I hand carved but drew right over them. 

I used colored pencils over gessoed pages.  Made detailing difficult and the pencil underdrawing sometimes smeared and some times shows through.  Layering of the colored pencils did not work very well either.  I am going to try some chalk and oil pastels and other media next time I want to play in this book.


3 comments:

  1. love to view your artworks. giving me so much inspiration. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your faces! I think all that hair on No. 3 looks slightly Egyptian. The little blue person might be Miss Malevolent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

To all who leave me a comment-THANKS! I love reading what you have to say, I love your input, I love your ideas!

Come join me in my nest. Rest online with me. Talk with me. Play art with me! Follow me where ever my flights of fancy take me! Forgive me for my mistakes, enjoy my successes. And please, feel free to comment or to follow me!