Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013

I pick up "oddities" at the YSM.  Things that catch my eye because of how they look, or because they are curious, or because I want to understand how it works, because it is eye candy...you probably know all the reasons.

Sometime ago, I picked up a little hand loom, thinking it might be fun to play with.  It has knocked around my art rooms since then.  In January, when I was consolidating three art rooms down to two, I found the loom again.  I also, found a paper bag of off white scraps of fabric I used to make shabby chic flowers.  I decided to see what I could do with the loom and the scraps.


The loom was made by Loomette of California.  It is four wooden slats with tiny headless nails all around the edges...



The paper bag is full of old unusable scraps...


I tore the scraps into strips and wove them into some string I threaded onto the nails...


This is about placemat size...I have no idea what I will do with it...


I have found that I can weave about four inches before I start to scream...


I do not know how to finish the raggy edges...something I will have to figure out, if I finish the little weaving...

I am constantly thinking "what can I do with this as a foundation?"  If you have any good ideas...let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To all who leave me a comment-THANKS! I love reading what you have to say, I love your input, I love your ideas!

Come join me in my nest. Rest online with me. Talk with me. Play art with me! Follow me where ever my flights of fancy take me! Forgive me for my mistakes, enjoy my successes. And please, feel free to comment or to follow me!